Monday, January 30, 2012

Saved by a Survey! Still tough to find good HITs.

Tried moving a little bit downmarket today and looked for .25 tasks. Ended up picking up a task created by CrowdSource called "Choose the Best Search Result."

For .36 (.03 per keyword set), the goal was to type a set of keywords into Google and choose the best search result. For example, I was supposed to type "nathan bliss" into Google and then choose the URL I thought matched that keyword best-- in this case, http://www.nathanbliss.net/nathan.htm.

It ended up taking me about 8 minutes for this job-- a little under a minute per keyword. I would probably get faster if I kept going, but I decided to try something different. Browsing around, I found another HIT-- Get Similar Product Links from Image. The instructions:

I wasted about 5 minutes on this. I thought it would be easy, but it turns out to be fairly difficult to find clothes that are similar to the ones on the site, so I ended up returning each of these HITs back to the pile for some other Turker to find.

Finally, I just went to a tried-and-true Alcohol Consumption and Personality Survey that pays .75. This took me 12 minutes.

Gotta say that for the money, I think I still like the writing tasks so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment